The first action for protection against Coronavirus is the old fashion hand washing by water and soap but this, of course, will not be available while you are outdoor. So Sanitizer is the best alternative for the protection. we will see how to make sanitizer and Antiseptic solution at home.
Even though our site is to discuss juicing and healthy lifestyle but in current times, it is important to stand together fighting coronavirus.
With the difficulties now in getting hand sanitizer from the markets due to the high demand, we will explain how to prepare sanitizer and antiseptic at home in easy steps.
Effective HandWash tips:
How to wash your hands effectively:
- wash Under running water.
- Preferred to use liquid soap.
- Rub your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Make sure soap and water go through the entire your both hands.
- Take your time in washing do not be in a hurry.
- Clean the tape with water after you finish.
Liquid soap or Solid soap?
Of course, liquid soap is preferred especially in a public area like offices, as the virus could catch the soap itself like a wet surface, then move from person to another.
Solid soap can be safely used at home but avoid to touch it in public places.
Best Sanitizer for coronavirus:
Not all sanitizer is perfect for coronavirus, As CDC mentioned the sanitizer must be Alcohol-based, so any Alcohol-free sanitizer is useless.
Alcohol should be at least 60% to be effective.
Why alcohol is important?
Alcohol is effective at killing most types of microbes, both bacterias, and viruses.
What if you cannot find sanitizer and Antiseptic solution in markets?
I will tell you how to prepare sanitizer and antiseptic at home in easy steps.
Some people claim that Vodka can be used in making the sanitizer, absolutely this is not valid claim as vodka not contain the required percentage of Alcohol required to kill the virus, So “don’t believe that claim”
Required ingredients for sanitizer :
- 1 cup of isopropyl alcohol (60% to 90%)
- 2 big spoons of aloe Vera gel (because this will help keep your hands smooth)
- 1 teaspoon of essential oil, such as Olive oil or lavender oil.
- 1/2 teaspoon Hydrogen peroxide 3%.
How to make Sanitizer at home:
- Put all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix with a spoon for minutes until all are mixed and turn to a gel.
- Keep in a closed bottle.
- Use it when necessary.
Keep in mind this below tips while making sanitizer :
- Make it fresh every day to keep it effective so do not make a huge amount and store it.
- Make sure the bowel and other tools you use are clean and dry.
- Alcohol is pure not diluted (60% to 80%).
To get the most benefits of Hand sanitizer to look for these some tips for using hand sanitizer effectively.
- Make sure your hands are dry, not wet.
- Apply the sanitizer to the palm of one hand.
- Rub your hands together for at least 30 seconds.
- Be sure that you cover both the entire surfaces of your hands and between your fingers.
- Rub until your hands are dry.
How to make an Antiseptic solution :
- You can use Antiseptic solution to clean the surfaces ” Not hands” that you suspect before touch it, you can make it easily at home in this way:
- 1 small cup of liquid Clorox bleach “that you use for cloth washing”.
- 6 glasses of water.
- Keep it in a spray bottle.
- Spray on surfaces to clean it.
- Rub the surfaces with tissues or dry towel.
Remember that using sanitizer and Antiseptic solution is very crucial to prevent infection. Always clean all the services ” including your mobile, Laptop, desk office, door handles,… etc ” with Antiseptic solution to be safe.
Remember to Wash Your Hands Often:
You can help yourself and your loved ones stay healthy by washing your hands often, especially during these key times when you are likely to get and spread germs:
- during preparing food.
- Before eating food
- Before and after caring for someone at home who is sick with vomiting or diarrhea
- Before and after treating a cut or wound
- After using the toilet
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After touching an animal, animal feed, or animal waste
- After handling pet food or pet treats
- After touching garbage
Washing hand is the first option, Sanitizers should be Alcohol-based if it is difficult to buy from markets you can do it at home.
Again, we remind you to take all necessary precautions to protect your selves and your families from covid-19 by simple steps:
- Avoid crowd areas.
- Stay at home because this reduces the probability of infection.
- Avoid touch any public surfaces by your hands ” elevators bottoms, tables, chairs, doors handle …)
- Wash your hand regularly especially after touching suspected things ” money as well”.
- Clean surfaces regularly ” like tables, chairs, door handles … “.
- Drink Hot drinks ” herbs, Ginger, cinnamon ” regularly.
- Improve your immunity with healthy food and drinks.
Check these alcohol-based sanitizer products.
Wish you all to be safe.